Hair Transplantation in Hyderabad
Have a bald scalp that is affecting your looks and beauty? Do not worry. Hair transplantation could be your right choice to make your hair regrow. Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure where hair from other areas of your scalp will be transplanted to the area to be treated. Pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss and it is due to genetics.
However, other factors that could cause hair loss can be:
- Poor diet
- Use of medications
- Hormonal imbalance
Who is a Good Candidate for Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation can help to improve your hair, appearance, and thereby self-confidence. Hair transplantation is a good option for the following:
- Men with pattern baldness and women with thinning hair
- People who have hair loss at the site of a scalp injury
However, the following are essential to undergo hair transplantation:
- Ability to develop hair on the hair loss area
- Healthy hair on the scalp that can be used for hair transplantation
When you visit a doctor for hair transplantation, he will conduct a scalp examination to determine if you have the above-mentioned factors. The doctor may also conduct a blood test to know the reason for your hair loss.
If the doctor determines that you are a good candidate using test and scalp examination results, he will explain the possible expectation from the procedure.
How is Hair Transplantation Procedure Performed?
Before beginning the procedure, the surgeon will clean your scalp and anesthesia will be given to numb the area being treated. Hair transplantation can be performed using two techniques namely follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) or follicular unit extraction (FUE).
- Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS): In this method, 6 to 10 inches of scalp skin is removed from the back of your head using a scalpel. Then, they close that region using stitches. This area gets hidden by the surrounding hair. The removed region of the scalp is divided into small grafts using surgical knives and magnifying lenses. The number of grafts to be made is based on the type of hair, colour, and the portion of the scalp to be transplanted. These grafts are transplanted into the bald scalp and thereby helps to make your hair grow naturally.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): In the FUE procedure, the back of the scalp is shaved and the hair follicles are removed from that portion. Using small needles, small holes will be made on the portion that requires transplantation. Now, hair will be placed in these holes. In each session, the surgeon implants hundreds or thousands of hairs. You will have bandages and grafts for a few days.
Based on the amount of region to be transplanted, hair transplantation can take around 4 to 8 hours. The stitches will be removed ten days after the procedure.
You may require two or three sessions if you wish to have thick hair. However, there will be months of gap between each session to ensure that each transplant gets healed completely.
What Happens After the Surgery and How About Recovery?
After the surgery, the scalp becomes sore and you may need to use medications for several days to prevent pain, swelling, and infections. You can return to your work 5 to 10 days after the surgery.
Two or three weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair falls down and you do not need to worry about it. It gives a way for your new hair to grow. Most people notice hair growth in 6 to 9 months after the procedure.
Your doctor may also prescribe hair growth medications to enhance hair growth after transplantation.
The risks associated with the procedure are minimal. However, they will be cleared after a few weeks of the procedure. Possible risks include bleeding, swelling in the scalp, itching, and infection.
Irritated with Your Bald Scalp? Visit IRA Radiance Skin and Hair Clinic Today
If you have a bald scalp and are looking for the best way to make your hair regrow again? Meet Dr Raghu Ram Reddy or Dr Nikhil Reddy at IRA Radiance Skin and Hair Clinic immediately. They have gained vast knowledge in performing hair transplantation. They have hundreds of satisfied patients who have seen their hair regrow in Hyderabad. Don’t be too late to take a step forward and schedule your appointment with us and we will take care of everything.