Mole Removal Treatment in Hyderabad
Moles are very common and every one of us will have one or more on our face and body. On average, most people have around 10 to 40 moles on their bodies. Most of the moles are harmless and you do not need to worry about them unless they are cancerous or bother you. Some people may feel irritated with moles and they can choose to remove them using medical treatments.
How Do I Know If My Mole is Cancerous?
Moles are commonly caused when melanocytes develop in the form of clusters. Melanocytes are usually distributed everywhere in the skin and they are responsible for giving colour to your skin.
If your mole has the following characteristics, you should book an appointment with a doctor:
- Irregular borders
- If moles are changing their size and shape
- The mole colour is not uniform
- The diameter of the mole is larger than an eraser
The above guide is called the ABCDE guide and it is used for determining if your mole causes melanoma or skin cancer.
Malignant moles appear in different ways and can show the above-mentioned features. The most effective way to know if your mole is cancerous is by visiting a dermatologist. The dermatologist will conduct a skin cancer screening test.
How to Prepare for Mole Removal?
Before beginning the procedure, the area to be treated will be cleaned using alcohol, or any other relevant material. Using anesthesia, the area will be numbed. Giving anesthesia does not take much time and the doctor will wait for some time after numbing the area. This is to ensure that the blood does not flow to the area to be treated. The doctor uses a sterile drape on the area to be treated based on the mole size and method used for the excursion.
Mole Removal Treatments
Most of the moles do not require any treatment. However, if your mole is cancerous, it can be removed by a dermatologist using surgical procedures. If you feel that your mole is causing irritation, then also you can opt for a mole removal procedure.
The mole removal procedure requires only a short period. The area around the mole is made numb using anaesthesia and then the mole is cut down.
The surgical methods used for mole removal are as follows:
- Freezing: In this method, liquid nitrogen is used to remove a mole that is non-cancerous
- Burning: In this method, the current is used to burn the non-cancerous mole. This type of procedure requires more than one session to completely remove the mole.
- Shaving: The mole is shaved off from the skin using a surgical blade.
- Excision: This procedure involves excising the entire mole. The skin is stitched back together after mole removal. The excision method is mostly used to remove a cancerous mole. The excision can be performed either with or without stitches based on how deep the mole is.
Visit IRA Radiance Skin and Hair Clinic to Get Rid of Your Moles
IRA Radiance Skin and Hair Clinic have been offering effective solutions for various skin and hair problems including moles, nevus, and many more. The clinic is handled by Dr Raghu Ram Reddy and Dr Nikhil Reddy, who are certified dermatologists. They have treated patients with different types of moles and carefully evaluate your mole to know if it is cancerous. Do not delay and book your appointment right away!