Non Surgical Fat Reduction
With the enhancements in the technology, it is now possible to lose fat and improve body appearance without undergoing surgery. The non-surgical fat reduction treatments focus on breaking down fast cells using minimally invasive treatments. There are several treatment options that offer maximum results without the need for surgery. Non-surgical treatments are highly suitable for people who are not ready for surgical procedures.
These treatments make use of different modalities such as injections, ultrasound, radiofrequency, etc.
Are the Results Permanent?
Every one of us is born with a certain number of cells and the number remain the same regardless of becoming fat or thin. The weight gain is due to the expansion of fat cells and the weight loss is due to the shrinking of fat cells.
The non-surgical fat reduction procedures focus on destroying the fat cells and hence the fat cells are removed permanently. Some of the fat cells still exist near the treated area. Hence, if you gain weight, the fat cells can again expand. Though fat cells expand, the fat at the treated area will be less than the earlier.
What are the Different Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Treatments?
The following are the different types of non-surgical fat reduction treatments:
- Cryolipolysis or CoolSculpting: Cryolipolysis technique is the most popular non-surgical fat reduction procedure. It uses cold temperature to destroy fat cells. Using a panelled device, cold temperature is transmitted on the area to be treated to freeze fat cells and destroy them. It requires a minimum of two sessions to completely remove fat cells.
- Laser fat reduction: It is also known as SculpSure. It uses laser energy to generate heat and kill fat cells. A laser of a particular wavelength will be passed on the skin to heat the area to a specific temperature where they break down. The dead cells get destroyed after 12 weeks of the procedure. Multiple sessions of this treatment are required for maximum results.
- Ultrasound: The ultrasound method of fat reduction uses sonic waves to contour your body. It can effectively treat stubborn fat. Sonic waves are sent on the area to be treated to cause pressure on fat cells. This destroys the fat cells without harming the surrounding tissues. It is commonly known as vanquish and it takes around one hour. Multiple sessions are required to burn fat cells. Ultrasound is suitable for burning fat cells in the abdomen and flanks.
- Red light therapy: Red light therapy is also an FDA approved non-surgical treatment for fat reduction. A specialized lamp is used to pass light of a specific wavelength. The light is sent on the required fat cells to make small openings for releasing the fat. This further shrinks the fat cells. It does wonders for treating fat cells in abdomen, hips, and thighs. You can see the results after a few hours of the treatment.
- Injectable treatments (Kybella): Kybella is the non-surgical injection used for breaking down the fat cells. It uses deoxycholic acid that can break down fat cells. The dead cells are removed from the body a few weeks after the treatment. Kybella is FDA approved to inject deoxycholic acid to destroy fat cells and it is effective at treating double chin.
Though all the above treatments are effective at treating fat cells, they should be performed by an experienced and licensed cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist.
Visit Ira Radiance Clinic for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Treatments
If you are not willing to undergo surgery to burn fat cells, visit IRA Radiance Skin and Hair Clinic. They are well qualified and experts at offering non-surgical fat reduction treatments in Hyderabad. They will explain the possible treatment options for you and also explains what can you expect from the treatment. Schedule a consultation today to discuss your needs and goals with a fat reduction treatment.